Can you print an SSDI application?
It cannot be downloaded or reproduced.
How do I apply for medical disability in Alabama?
If you are ready to apply now, you can:
- Complete your application online.
- Call our toll-free telephone number 1-800-772-1213. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can call us at TTY 1-800-325-0778.
- Call or visit your local Social Security office.
What is the easiest way to apply for Social Security disability?
You can apply:
- Online; or.
- By calling our national toll-free service at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or visiting your local Social Security office. An appointment is not required, but if you call ahead and schedule one, it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply.
How do I get Form SSA 2459?
Go to your local Social Security Administration office and ask for a BPQY, form number SSA-2459 (See SAMPLE attached). Call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. and ask them to mail your BPQY to you.
Where can I get a de 2501 form?
You can get a paper Claim for Disability Insurance (DI) Benefits (DE 2501) form by:
- Ordering a form online to have it mailed to you.
- Getting the form from your physician/practitioner or employer.
- Visiting an SDI Office.
- Calling 1-800-480-3287 to request a paper form by mail.
What conditions qualify for disability in Alabama?
Eligible Disabilities For SSDI in Alabama
- Loss of musculoskeletal function or loss of motion.
- Certain loss of vision, hearing, speech or other special senses.
- Chronic, persistent respiratory infections and diseases, including cystic fibrosis.
- Cardiovascular impairments.
- Certain digestive system disorders.
What is a SSA 2459?
Social Security Administration Documentation If you want to submit a BPQY but do not have one, contact the SSA office that issued your award and request form SSA-2459.
Where can I get SDI forms?
Getting the form from your physician/practitioner or employer. Visiting an SDI Office. Calling 1-800-480-3287 to request a paper form by mail.