How do I change my barcode scanner settings?
Fortunately, modifying the scanner settings is an easy task.
- Choose Start→Control Panel.
- Click View Scanners and Cameras.
- Click any scanner in the Scanners and Cameras area and then click the Scan Profiles button.
- Select a scanner and click Edit.
- Review the settings.
Do you need software for a barcode scanner?
Barcode scanners do not require any special software or driver to function properly. They will emulate a keyboard and will be recognized by your computer as a general input device.
Why is my barcode scanner not working?
There are many reasons barcodes might not scan and most of them can be boiled down to one of three things—your equipment isn’t suited to your barcodes, your scanner isn’t being operated properly or your barcode labels aren’t suited to your application or environment.
How do I connect my barcode scanner to my Android?
First plug the USB barcode scanner to the female USB connector of an OTG adapter or a cable. Then plug the the micro-USB end of the OTG adapter or cable into the micro-USB port of your mobile device and wait for the system to recognize the scanner.
How do I pair a new device?
Step 1: Pair a Bluetooth accessory
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Touch and hold Bluetooth .
- Tap Pair new device. If you don’t find Pair new device, check under “Available devices” or tap More. Refresh.
- Tap the name of the Bluetooth device you want to pair with your device.
- Follow any on-screen instructions.
How do I get my barcode scanner to auto enter?
Turning Barcode Auto-Enter On/Off
- Select the Settings button on the Home screen.
- The Settings screen displays. Select System from the list on the left side of the screen.
- Select Scanner Settings.
- Select the Barcode Auto-Enter tab.
- Select Done to return to the Home screen.
How do I use a USB barcode scanner?
Some scanners are USB-compatible so that you can plug them into a standard computer with a USB port.
- Install any software that came with your USB barcode scanner onto your computer first.
- Plug the USB barcode scanner into the corresponding USB port and wait for the system to recognize it.